Saturday, August 28, 2010

Evolving

Even though I am no longer employed, I feel at peace with myself. So many changes happening in my life now. Sometimes, people do not welcome change. This always seemed to amaze me. If we did not welcome change, we wouldn't be where we are today in life. You couldn't not have gotten where you are today without change...it's called "evolving". I'm about to enter another phase of my life, one of those changes include a move. It looks like I will be taking a job out of state. Although, scary and uncertain, I welcome the change. I'll be "evolving". To me, if you're not evolving, you're not growing. I'm not saying you have to move like to me to evolve, but you must grow and make yourself better.

I have a friend who's married and she and her husband both are thinking about seeing a counselor to save their marriage. After talking with both of them come to find out, basically what they're missing is trust and communication. So, "if I can't trust you, I can't communicate with you". I admire people who go to counseling, it shows you care, that you care about the other person and most importantly you care about saving your marriage. I think it's one of the best things you can do to save your marriage. My girlfriend tells me she doesn't want to see the therapist. She said they can't tell her anything she doesn't already know about herself. You mean to tell me someone with a PhD who is specifically trained in counseling can not help YOU? That YOU know better? That they won't tell YOU anything about yourself YOU don't already know? Really? Then why is your marriage in trouble? Even if you think it's the other persons problem and not your own, how you handle that person and situation....becomes YOUR problem. I suggested a therapist to her.

After we hung up, the other day I got to thinking about how selfish she is. I remember her telling me how much she loved her husband in the beginning. How great they got along, and when they had a child well...then life was perfect! Now, she doesn't trust him. I have to ask... is it you don't trust his intentions with someone else, or that you don't trust he'll be with you to the end. Is it, you don't trust him because you think he'll leave YOU "a lone" and with nothing? Even though he may find happiness elsewhere? If you love someone, you want them to be happy...even if it means not with YOU.

If you can provide happiness together, great then stay together...FIND THAT HAPPINESS TOGETHER. If you can not do it together, then for the love if Eve, let them be happy elsewhere and YOU be happy.

Once you do either one of these...then you will be "Evolving". It's time to Move On. Watch this video and think about what I wrote. Find your happiness...evolve.




Until Next Time,
Much Love,
Nikki

2 comments:

  1. Very nice, Nikki! I was laid off from my morning gig back in February and someone who was in the same boat wrote on my Faceboook:'it's hard to see it now, but in 5 years you will realize this was the best thing that ever happened to you.' It didn't take 5 years. It didn't even take 5 months. I am so enjoying my downtime doing volunteer work and have never felt better about my life right now. If you go back in or not, this is YOUR time right now. Enjoy it, girl! And remember, 'this is the best thing that ever happened to you'.....

    ReplyDelete

Your Thoughts?

Translate