Wednesday, December 14, 2011

A Spoonful of Grateful

        For the past couple of days, I have to admit I haven’t been in the best of moods. No reason really, I just wasn’t in a good mood. I seemed to be complaining a lot to people about things that I wanted them to fix but they had no control to do so. I call this my impatience factor. There are times where I can be impatient. I think we all can at times. However, when your impatience comes across negative to someone, not only does it hurt the other person and makes them feel incompetent but it also leaves you feeling worse than the mood you were in to begin with. For this, I am truly sorry for those around me for the past couple of days who had to deal with me being anything other than the fun loving person I am and I try to be everyday.


        It wasn’t until today when I had a conversation with one of my co workers that she mentioned to me, that both she and I both were “not feeling it” that we were just in bad moods for the past couple of days. She said to me “I think what we should do is just start making a list of the top 5 things we’re grateful for.” I couldn’t agree more. Too many times we focus on the negative in our lives because it’s easier to hurt than it is to feel happy. It actually takes more muscles to smile than it does to frown. After she suggested the “list” to me, I thought what a great idea. I personally and professionally have so much to be grateful for and I’m guilty of not reflecting on what I have to be thankful for. I wanted to share my “gratefuls” with you, in hopes that you too take the time to remind yourself what you have to be thankful for.

       You do not need to post your “spoonful of grateful” here, but if you want to, I’d love to read yours. We all have things in our lives to be grateful for and today I wanted to start and share my list with you. Keep in mind; these are in no particular order, just my thoughts as they appear to me now as I type to you.


Things I’m Grateful for Today:


1) Having a great radio career where I get to talk to you everyday.
2) Living in the best city in the country (New Orleans).
3) Having true friends who stand by me no matter what.
4) Having a nice place to live
5) Having my family close enough so I can visit by driving there.


       These are just 5 of my gratefuls for today. I didn’t mention health on here because I am always grateful to have that and I narrowed it down to the top 5 of today. I’d love to hear your top 5 gratefuls if you’d like to share them on here. It doesn’t have to be a big huge list, just a spoonful.



Until Next Time,
Much Love,
Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Thoughts?

Translate